ONLINE BUSINESS BACKUP
Protect your company’s files against loss, theft, viruses, and natural disasters. Share business data securely and privately in the office or across the globe. Sync your critical work across all your computers. Access your data from any web browser, anytime, anywhere, securely with just a click.
MY SECURE BACKUP OVERVIEW
MY SECURE BACKUP IS A BUSINESS CLASS ONLINE STORAGE, SHARING, AND BACKUP
SERVICE DESIGNED FOR BUSINESSES OF 2–100+ EMPLOYEES.
• Secure Automatic Backup – allows users to easily backup important data to the cloud in a set-it-and-forget-it fashion. Protect data with AES-256 encryption (the same as our Server Edition), using a key that you control.
• Multi-way Sync – allows users to synchronize folders on their computers with folders on a cloud-based network drive – and with folders on other computers.
• Network Drive – gives users a secure place to store and share files as if they were already on their computers. Easily control and limit access for each user.
• Backup History – improves the ability to restore files “as the existed” during a particular backup.
• Web-based Access to Network Drive Files – improves the way users can access files from any web browser anywhere in the world. Access and Manage data remotely using any Mac, Windows, or Linux computer with equal functionality on each platform.
EVERYTHING YOUR BUSINESS NEEDS IN ONE EASY-TO-USE, FLEXIBLE, AND SECURE WORKGROUP PRODUCT.
THE PROBLEM MY SECURE BACKUP SOLVES
In the information age, collaboration is key. People within a company need to be able to work together on documents of all kinds – and do it quickly – to meet their goals. That’s why My Secure Backup is an invaluable tool for business. Our file sharing and remote access features ensure uninterrupted productivity between employees both inside and outside the office. Our multi-way sync function means that files are constantly updated as work is done on them, keeping teams in sync as projects develop.
Another key problem is backup. Computer failures, missing or stolen laptops, and corrupted files are facts of life and without a failsafe backup, your business is exposed. My Secure Backup users enjoy the peace of mind and flexibility that comes from knowing that their data is secure at the offsite location of a trusted provider with multiple redundancy.
My Secure Backup gives companies:
• Secure backup for company data located on employee computers and laptops.
• Secure administrator-controlled file sharing for employees inside and outside the office.
• Secure remote access to employee files from home computers.
MUST-SEE FEATURES THAT SET MY SECURE BACKUP APART FROM OTHER PRODUCTS
• Intuitive Interface – a simple, efficient interface that makes it fast and easy to backup your data.
• Backup Vaults – a new concept that reduces both backup time and costs. Backup Vaults exist with Online Disks. A single account can have multiple Online Disks (which can be located at different cloud providers), and each Online Disk can have multiple Backup Vaults (multiple computers backing up onto the same Online Disk).
• AES-256 Encryption with User-controlled key – a unique feature that allows you to create your own key for added protection. Your data is encrypted before it leaves your machine and only decrypted when restored.
• Easy Remote Management – easily and quickly manage your files no matter where you are on any Mac, Windows, or Linux computer whether through the network drive or via web access.
• Block-level De-duplication – reduces the amount of data you need to backup and the amount of online storage you use by 10x – 20x.
• Block-level Incremental Updates – increases backup speed by only uploading the changed portion of files and never uploading the same data twice.
• Mac, Windows & Linux Support – competitive products don’t support all platforms.
• Automatic Backup/Cleanup – document versions are handled on a “per backup” basis, allowing you to restore a file or set of files “as they existed” at any specific backup time. Backup Retention Period is controlled by the user on a per-backup job basis, and files can be kept indefinitely.
MORE ABOUT NEW SYNC FEATURES
The new Sync feature works with a cloud-based Network Drive to help make your data available anytime, anywhere. Typical usage scenarios include:
• Syncing a local project folder on a laptop to your Network Drive so you can work offline and have changes uploaded to the cloud and available from any other computer running My Secure Backup when you get back online. • Syncing a folder from between two computers and the cloud so that changes you make on one are immediately sent to the other, giving you constant local access to your latest files
• Syncing a folder between multiple computers and using the Network Drive to access files on a third computer. For example, a Netbook with limited storage can work directly off your Network Drive without having to store files locally. Changes made on the Network Drive will automatically sync back to the local folders on other computers running My Secure Backup.
The new sync feature is configured using the Sync Folders settings under Network Drive in the configuration dialog. To try it for yourself, simply select a folder on your local computer that you want to sync to your Network Drive. The default location on your Network Drive will be sync/<folder name>, but you can select another location using the advanced options.
Changes made to your local folder are automatically uploaded to the Network Drive, and changes made on the Network Drive from any computer will be copied to your local folder.
TO SYNC FILES TO A SECOND COMPUTER, YOU SIMPLY GO TO THE SYNC FOLDER OPTIONS ON THE SECOND COMPUTER AND CHECK THE SYNC FOLDER YOU WANT TO SYNCHRONIZE, AND THEN SELECT A LOCAL FOLDER FOR THE FILES. YOU CAN REPEAT THIS PROCESS TO KEEP AN UNLIMITED NUMBER OF COMPUTERS IN SYNC.
MORE ABOUT BACKUP VAULTS
Backup Vaults exist within an Online Disk. A single account can have multiple Online Disks and the Disks can be at different cloud providers for added safety. Each Online Disk can have multiple Backup Vaults, allowing multiple computers to backup using the same Online Disk.
Because it backs up only incremental changes in data, the Backup Vault decreases both backup time and storage space.
For added safety and security, only a single computer can backup into a specific Backup Vault. If you need to replace a computer, you can “take over” the old computer’s Backup Vault to avoid having to re-upload data that was backed up previously.
YOU CAN RESTORE FILES FROM ANY BACKUP VAULT – EVEN ONE BEING USED BY A DIFFERENT COMPUTER.
HOW NEW BACKUP VAULTS AFFECT BACKUP HISTORY
The automatic backup feature in earlier editions of My Secure Backup kept multiple versions of files on a per-file basis. With Backup Vaults, versioning is handled on a per-backup basis, allowing you to restore a file or set of files “as they existed” at a specific backup time.
In the Restore Dialog, you can select to restore files from the most recent backup or a specific back in your Backup History.
The length of time you keep Backups is controlled by the Retention Period, which can be set on a per-backup-job basis in the Backup Options. The default Retention Period is 60 days. You can also disable the Retention Period, which will keep all data from previous backups indefinitely.
Once a week, a Backup Cleanup process occurs. This process removes data from backups that are older than your Retention Period. Only data no longer present in a later backup will be removed. Old backups will no longer appear in the Restore Dialog after the Backup Cleanup process.